Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT (Polish Center for Technology Development) intends to establish the Centre of Scientific Excellence within the framework of Dioscuri3 programme and seeks a highly motivated scientist who would come to Poland and join PORT to pursue an internationally competitive and innovative research. The Dioscuri programme was initiated by the Max Planck Society (MPG) and is jointly financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). A detailed description of the programme and the application form is available at:
ŁUKASIEWICZ – PORT focuses on development of new technologies resulting from basic and applied research performed at the Institute in the areas of biotechnology and materials engineering. These technologies, in turn, serve as basis for innovative solutions for the corresponding industries.
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- PhD degree obtained no longer than 15 years prior to March 23rd
- Excellent publication record.
- Readiness to develop an outstanding and original research program in the field of immuno-oncology.
- Skills in establishing and managing a new laboratory and research group, that is the Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence (DC).
- Interest in finding solutions with a realistic potential to be utilized in industrial applications and readiness to seamlessly transition from high-quality basic research to commercially-oriented applied activities built on the results of his/her basic research.
- Proven ability to raise funds from external sources, including international grants and/or funds from the industry, and the capability to do so within the Research Framework Programs (H2020/Horizon Europe).
- Experience in running own research group and managing projects and/or scientific consortia for at least 5 years and a strong inclination to interdisciplinary cooperation.
- Established cooperation with a German scientific institution – partner institution for the Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence.
- Full-time employment of the DC leader for the entire funding period (salary: € 100,000 per year).
- Attractive relocation package for the leader and his/her family including: travel costs, free Polish language course, free health insurance and housing allowance and free canteen access.
- Support in the on-boarding and start-up package for the lab.
- Employment of the DC personnel (the form of employment to be agreed upon by all parties).
- Additional funding for the DC (at least € 25,000 per year for the entire funding period.
- Office/laboratory space and equipment necessary for proposed research.
- Administrative and financial support to the DC (i.e. full-time English-speaking administrative coordinator exclusively for the DC for the entire funding period).
- Support in the DC leader’s relocation and stay in Poland.
- Long-term employment perspective to the DC leader beyond the Dioscuri funding period.
Applicants interested in becoming the PORT’s partner in the Dioscuri programme and applying for the Dioscuri funds are asked to submit their resume and a short research project outline by February 17th 2020 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference number in the title: PI/DIOSCURI
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Posted by ŁUKASIEWICZ - PORT, Posted on 08 .01.2020