Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT (Polish Center for Technology Development) intends to establish the Centre of Scientific Excellence within the framework of Dioscuri 3 programme and seeks a highly motivated scientist who would come to Poland to pursue internationally competitive and innovative research. The Dioscuri programme was initiated and by the Max Planck Society (MPG) and is jointly financed by the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (MNiSW) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). A detailed description of the programme and the application form is available at: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/mpg/mmgv/dioscuri/dioscuri_2020.nsf/homepage
PORT focuses on development of new technologies, resulting from basic and applied research performed at the Institute in the areas of biotechnology and materials science. These technologies, in turn, serve as basis for innovative solutions for the corresponding industries. Detailed description:
The applicants should be Principal Investigators and specialists in compound semiconductor optoelectronics, familiar with photonic integrated circuits, or similar.
- Completed PhD no longer than 15 years prior to June 15, 2021 (application deadline)
- Excellent publishing record.
- Ability to develop an outstanding and original research program.
- Have the resolve and skills to establish and manage a new laboratory and research group, that is the Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence (DC).
- Interest in finding solutions with realistic potential to be utilized in industrial applications in the field of semiconductors.
- Ability to seamlessly transition from high-quality basic research to commercially-oriented applied activities built on the results of his/her basic research.
- Desired experience in raising funds from external sources, including international grants and/or funds from the industry, and the capability, to do so within e.g. the Research Framework Programs (H2020/Horizon Europe).
- Experience in running own research group and managing projects and/or scientific consortia for at least 3 years with a strong inclination to interdisciplinary cooperation .
- Established cooperation with a German scientific institution – partner institution for the Dioscuri Centre of Scientific Excellence.
- Familiarity with cleanroom processing techniques.
- Experience in working with students (including PhD students).
We offer to:
- Sign a contract of full-time employment with the leader of the DC for the entire funding period; Salary € 100,000 per year.
- Give an attractive relocation package for the leader and the family including: travel costs, the free Polish language course, free health insurance and housing allowance and free canteen access.
- Support the on-boarding installation and start-up package for the lab.
- Sign contracts with DC personnel: the form of employment to be agreed upon by all parties.
- Provide from its own budget additional funding for the DC in the amount of at least € 25,000 on average per year for the entire funding period.
- Provide the DC with optimal conditions for carrying out its research, including office/laboratory space and research equipment necessary for the completion of the research.
- Provide administrative and financial services and support to the DC.
- Provide full-time English-speaking administrative coordinator exclusively for the DC for the entire funding period.
- Provide support related to the DC leader’s relocation and stay in Poland.
- Offer a long-term perspective to the leader of the DC beyond the Dioscuri funding period.
Those interested in becoming the PORT partner and applying for the Dioscuri founds are asked to submit their resume and a short research project outline by 16th April 2021 to: email@example.com with reference number in the title: PI/DIOSCURI
Please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the Łukasiewicz Research Network – PORT Polish Center for Technology Development, ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Posted by ŁUKASIEWICZ - PORT, Posted on 08 .01.2020