Molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) and metal-organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) is used for fabrication of epitaxially grown Nitride materials for optical, electronic and magnetic applications as well as for basic research.
The laboratory is equipped for development and supply of optically active and magnetic materials on substrates up to 4 inch diameter. State of the art in-situ characterization tools provide high reliability and reproducibility of sample properties.
A wide range of in-situ and ex-situ characterization tools are available. A range of analyzes can be performed in the analysis chamber connected to the MBEs by UHV transfer. Analysis can be done after growth or on any externally introduced sample.
- Development of new materials and growth processes, delivery of various layers or heterostructures for science and industry.
- Production of epitaxial nitride layers by MBE and MOCVD methods, for optoelectronic and electronic applications, magnetic applications and basic research
- Production and development of optically active and magnetic materials on substrates up to 4 inches.
- XPS with a resolution of up to 0.85 eV or intensities of up to 25 M counts/s.
- Monochromated XPS with a resolution of up to 0.6 eV or intensities of up to 1.2 M counts/s.
- Small-spot XPS with the smallest analysis area better than 70 μm
Fine focus ion source to etch holes with minimum sizes of 150 μm for depth resolved XPS measurements
- Auger electron spectroscopy with a resolution of 0.5 at
- Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM) and Scanning Tunneling Microscopy (STM) surface analysis
The epitaxy system using a molecular beam (MBE)
Two-chamber system MBE PRO-100 III-N
The two-chamber system MBE PRO-100 III-N made by Scienta Omicron. Increase of element nitrides: Ga, Al, In, Mn, Cu, Fe, As, and doping of Mg, Si and C, possible on 4-inch diameter subgrade wafers
In-situ k–Space kSA 400 RHEED
In-situ k–Space kSA 400 RHEED for surface characterisation and LayTec EpiCurveTT AR Blue system for temperature measurements, diffraction growth velocity control
System of organometallic compound deposition from the gas phase (MOCVD)
Aixtron company system
The Aixtron company system is provided with a showerhead reactor (CCS reactor) 3×2”/1×4” with a possibility of rescaling the process to mass production:
- The reactor is provided with the LayTec EpiCurveTT system and a triple zone heater.
- It enables film growth in temperature to 1200°C.
- Available standard sources of organometallic compounds and reaction gases: TMGa, TEGa, TMIn, TMAl, Cp2Mg, NH3 and SiH4. Special sources such as Cp2Fe, Cp2Mn and CBr4 can be used on request.
Autor: PORT Polski Ośrodek Rozwoju Technologii, Opublikowano: 08.10.2015