PORT is seeking a visionary R&D Director who will tackle strategy building and development in the R&D area of our organization.
Localization: Wrocław, Poland
ref. no. D/RD/2018
• Establishing and executing R&D strategy based on data-driven analytics, projections and financials.
• Participating in the laboratory infrastructure set-up process, including, but not limited to:
– Reviewing technical and research solutions,
– Defining the needs concerning technology and laboratory equipment,
– Participating in the process of purchasing, delivery, acceptance, installation, start-up, testing and training.
• Managing staff and budget of the R&D area.
• Identifying and developing the potential of laboratories and creating directions for the use of this potential.
• Ensuring a stimulating environment for creativity and scientific excellence that will attract and encourage outstanding research staff.
• Guaranteeing scientific excellence in the research performed in the R&D area by providing sound scientific advice and guidance to the principal investigators.
• Representing PORT and participating in collaborations with external partners – including acquiring third party funded projects.
• Managing the consigned assets – including efficient utilisation and proper use.
• A PhD Degree (minimum) in one of our main scientific areas (nanotechnology and biotechnology), or equivalent, and in-depth knowledge and experience of operating large-scale R&D practices.
• At least eight years of experience leading international multi-disciplinary research.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in training and supervising a growing team of scientists
• The ability to guide individually proficient members with strong morale and high productivity.
• A distinguished record of research achievement, as evidenced by scholarly publications, patents, and/or funded research grants.
• Industry experience preferred.
• Language skills: perfect command of English.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
What we offer:
• Full time contract.
• Competitive salary.
• An entrepreneurial setting where curiosity-driven research is matched with product or application-oriented R&D activities.
• Assistance with relocation.
• Broad administrative support, including an assistance in recruiting technicians, PhD and post-doc scientists for your group.
• Access to excellent, well-staffed core facilities at our Science Campus.
• An appropriate relocation package.
• Holiday bonuses and additional benefits.
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the email title ref. no. D/RD/2018
Please include the following in your application:
“I hereby give my permission for the processing of my personal data included in the submitted documents for the purposes of recruitment process for the PORT Polski Ośrodek Rozwoju Technologii Sp. z o. o., ul. Stabłowicka 147, 54-066 Wrocław carried out presently or in the future by the company PORT, according to personal data protection law (GDPR). This permission for the processing of my personal data includes also the processing of these data in the future, provided that the purpose of the processing remains the same. I hereby acknowledge that the disclosure of my personal data is voluntary, and that I have been informed of the right to access my personal data, and to correct such data.”
Please also note that we will contact only selected candidates.
Autor: akorynek, Opublikowano: 14.12.2018