PORT invites applications for a position of
Post-doc in Organic/Polymer Chemistry
to Functional Macromolecules Research Group
ref. no RS/IB/2020/10
Interested in research projects that aim to push the boundaries of polymer science? Our science matters – in Functional Macromolecules Lab we investigate sequence-defined polymers towards new applications in complex materials. We use monomer sequence programmability to induce life-like functions into synthetic macromolecules. It was demonstrated that DNA function – data storage can be performed by sequence-ordered polymer materials. However, to reach for more sophisticated functions as displayed by natural proteins the knowledge gap on polymers folding have to be filled.
More information about the research group: szwedalab.com.
The selected candidate will be dedicated to work in a project financed by National Science Center (NCN), grant no. 2018/31/D/ST5/01365 „Sequence-defined macromolecules of controlled folding”
- To perform research projects on synthesis and characterization of macromolecules within research scope of Functional Macromolecules Group.
- A PhD degree in Chemistry and interest in organic/polymer chemistry.
- Proficiency in English and team player attribute.
- Experience in organic preparative synthesis, chromatography (HPLC, Flash) and spectroscopy (NMR, FTIR, CD, UV-vis, Fluorescence).
- Pleasure in experimental work and high level of creativity, problem solving.
- Full-time contract on the position of Senior Specialist in one of our Research Center.
- High technical and scientific know-how and work in modern and well-equipped laboratories.
- Strong collaboration with national and international industries.
- 36 days of paid holidays.
- Negotiable salary, the contract can be extended upon mutual agreement
- A friendly, inspiring, interdisciplinary environment and social benefits like co-financing for private medical care and holiday.
Application deadline: November 15th , 2020
To apply for the opportunity
- please send your CV,
- list of publications
- and half-page cover letter
The document can be send via application form on the website: https://system.erecruiter.pl/FormTemplates/RecruitmentForm.aspx?WebID=a1daa9f4cfef497585a00f706e96b9f2
Autor: akorynek, Opublikowano: 28.07.2020